Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Losing The Honorable Dance

While I run towards the eyes of strangers that know nothing of me,
Doing my dance, taking in their possession and laughing as I dream this fairy tale dance.
And through the anxiety of my needing to be known,
I listen softly to the voices of my own.
And alone they make me, talking non-stop jabber
Filling this venomous heart with fading clatter.

I walk alone at the end of the dance
Hoping a pretty girl will uphold me as a chance
To rectify the vicious glance
of a culture driven on chemical romance

And then I wake with bulging eyes
Lying half dead, and half alive
Lying again for the thought of finding a friend
Who could take away this maddening trend.

Hollow once more, but it invokes these tears
Towards the silence of mediation, I always try and steer.
Spare me no sorrow, for I know I chose this way
I hope to dance once more
To a more purposeful sway.






No comments:

Post a Comment