Friday, October 5, 2012

Chasing the Sun Pt. 2



On this long train ride I have found myself in poetic conversation with some nice midwestern folk. They have been a ray of hope for my perception of what the midwest is. For me I see sad farms, large sad farms. Communities based around these farms. I think of Monsanto, I think of the past. I think of how once upon a time the hard work was validated, it was organic product they were making. I think about how the evil of all evils came down and stole there hard work away, making more struggle for them and also tying them into a web of corruption they never intended on being part of. However, you have to eat, you have to survive. Rusting cars, broken land, tires and other mechanical equipment lay to rest like a cementer of broken machines, and broken dreams.
These midwesterners know of Monsanto, they know of poetry, they know of the faded American dream and I stand tall and tell them I do not want to fall victim to a faded dream. I want my own reality to manifest itself as I continue my search for some truth, and all encompassing beauty. They are beautiful, strong, simple, but wise in their own right. Kind folk are beautiful folk. Simple, or deep, cities slickers or country boy. If you know how to listen and ask questions with an open heart you are beautiful in my eyes. For Willie, and KC my train seat neighbors are two American souls that are aware of our fading dreams, and I know they want more, they know they want more, but like so many before them and surely after they feel trapped and know not how to let it all go and create a new way of existing. Sadly their stories give me a validation for not wanting to settle at this point in my life. To keep adventuring until I find something that sticks, or till I fall in love so hard that I can never turn back. This trip has been a constant flow of falling in love and then having to leave it all behind. My friend T suggested that all of the love I have found that I have to let go may be closely tied to my yearning to let go of the existing hold my mothers death and overall abandonment has left on me. So it goes. I will never trade falling in love, being overwhelmed with passion and having to leave it all be hind for complacency.....never. Until my heart stops, I will seek for my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment