Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A quote I like, and why.

Quotes:


"Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good, it is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance, it means to suffer."
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves
** I have been looking for a way to some up the pressure passion causes. This made me happy, to know that the word itself is rooted in a struggle. I not to long ago announced to a bunch of people and a particular girl who was insanely beautiful and insanely hard on me that I wish to disperse my passion internally and with more patience. That is, I do now want to lay it all out for everyone to see in some confusing light that may be too intense for the mild hearted (normal folk?). Rather I wish to be still with it, let it swim and leak out in gentle flows that do not drown those surrounding me. This trip is proving to be an excellent exercise is patience and taking it slow, because truthfully there have been moments where I was so overcome with passion and emotion I thought I was going to burst into a mess of confetti and potentially poisoness candy like some mexican pinnate. And it is life and all of it's beauty, all of it.... so much of it!!! Oh no... it is happening now!  CABOOOM!!!
Come get a piece of me. It will either be delicious or poisoness..... maybe both.  **




No comments:

Post a Comment