Thursday, September 13, 2012

Where is Brooklyn at?

There is an energy here.
It is Raw. So very Raw.
I can not put my finger on it, but I can put my feet to its concrete streets and take off in observation.
Decapitated pigeons
24 hour juice bar, wheat grass shots.
Horns honk, everyone honks their horns.
Subways scream by..... shake, rattle, and rolling.
Brooklyn shops are stale.... they smell stale.
Ivy league indie rockers
A gypsy, a kiwi, filipino got in a cab and headed to dance and find women.
The bar was gay.
And lesbians love me.
I like to dance.

Seriously, what is happening in Brooklyn? My mother grew up here.....
People are yelling nonsense
Like big cities do.....
Women strut their stuff
And crack smoke has seeped into the crumbling neighborhood buildings
I can feel it all.
Again, I can not put my finger on it..... but there is an energy here.

I was serenaded by a lady with a(an) ukulele
She sang me love songs
I sang "Lady in Red" to a lady in red.
Brooklyn is very RAW
New York is large.

Brooklyn has a bridge
I do not plan to set it on fire.
The view is so pleasant
And it gets me to places I have never seen.
Brooklyn, you have my heart.
Some part of my heart I did not know existed.
So then it is,
Brooklyn you found my heart.

______________________________________________________________________________


"Ryan, why don't you have a journal with you? You seem so inspired!"

Well hey now, what am I suppose to do? How do I exist in this moment completely while trying to capture it? The only way to capture a moment is to be the moment. Trust me I want nothing more then to romantically put down all of this, to share it with the world and at some point in the near future I will look back and recall all the magic that happened, and try to be in the passion that had me overcome with joy.... but until then, lets have some more tequila.... 100% agave of course and become more excited to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment