Saturday, September 29, 2012

round 2 part 1

Finally I left Montreal, it was a solid run. I kissed my sweet angelic French Canadian Burner one last time and we watched each others eyes water up.... A sweet goodbye.
I sleep on trains, and I slept the first 5 hours of this 11 hour trip, waking often to adjust, tell stern custom agents that my box had a typewriter, and to piss. My body is a mess right now from awkward sleep, and carrying all my gear around city after city..... meh, boo hoo.

The train ride was fine. I had a bunch of new music that my French gal gave to me so I enjoyed slightly meditating on that. The scenery was gloomy as it was raining the whole way..... another sleep aid.
Finally we got to Albany and I ran into an Aussie who was having a smoke break as well. We were instant buds, or I should say mate. Rad ass dude. Tim his name is. Train hopper, philosopher, DJ, dreamer, lover, poet, badass..... dude had stories. He was finally on his way back to New York to catch a flight back to Melbourne the next day so we set a date to go hang out at Union Square. I would type, he would read, we would switch rolls every once in awhile. We smoked, we drank, we shared, we criticized the zombies for wishing they were more dead. I loved him, he was my first brother on this trip. A soul rebel, traveling purist.... my friend, my boy. I wrote him a poem, he said he would cherish it forever, we will stay in touch, and I will see him again. My homie Tim, respect.

Time came to some kinda end, I had made a few bucks hustling poetry like I do, making friends and sharing shadows. Good experience, but I was ready to meet my Couch Surfing host at Columbia university, at a dorm..... yeah, I am currently in an Ivy League dorm.... it really is not a big deal, but I thought it might be.

Her name is Maria, the second name of my dear mother. She is literally the sweetest girl I think I have ever met. 20 years young, tri-lingual, film major, artist, darling..... how did I get so lucky. She immediatly was curious about me and my project and I was caught off guard by the immediate questions, but soon became flattered with the admiration she was showing. So up we go to the fourth floor where we walk to her room, say hi to some of her hall mates who probably can not help but wonder who this gypsy is crashing there dorm, but Maria had told them all..... she is so well prepared. She opens the door to her room, and I did not know what to expect.... but it is as basic of a single dorm room as you can get, and on the floor is a blow up bed with purple sheets, and fuzzy purple pillows.... ahhh.... purple. I felt very lucky..... she truly is inspired by me. I would lay my head to rest ready to conquer the big city in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment